Preventive Care Back to all Services
Doctors advise patients to make and keep regular appointments for ongoing health matters.
Here are some of the procedures and examinations that are recommended.
- Annual comprehensive physicals and regular check-ups.
- Regular gynecological exams and other issues relating to women’s health.
- Screening tests (for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, osteoporosis).
- Cancer detection tests (for colon, prostate, breast, cervical, testicular).
- Routine immunizations like TETANUS, PERTUSSIS & DIPTHERIA (up-date every 10 years).
- Travel Vaccines.
- Flu shots and pneumococcal shots are strongly advised for over 50s and those with certain medical conditions such as asthma, high blood pressure or diabetes.
- Shingles Vaccine is now recommended for patients over 60 years of age.